Scaffolding regulations are the standards that increase occupational health and safety in works at height where scaffolding is a need to be established. It includes a series of provisions determined in order to maintain the safety of the work area, to take security precautions and to prevent accidents.
Scaffolding regulations guide you about how to make installation, use and dismantlement of scaffolds in construction. It also consists of other issues such as material properties and design of exterior scaffolding, staff training, and risk measures. Worker fall as an occupational accident has the biggest ratio with 37% among all work accidents in our country. This ratio indicates the significance of enforcing scaffolding regulations in construction.
What are the Scaffolding Regulations?
Obligations such as the use of equipment including safe exterior scaffolds, workplace safety and ensuring and improving employee health are regulated in Occupational Health and Safety Law No. 6331. Regulations have been created based on this law. Containing many technical provisions such as installation, use, material properties, design, safety systems of scaffolding, the regulations and standards are given as follows:
- Regulation on Health and Safety Conditions in the Use of Work Equipment
- TS EN 12810-1 Façade Scaffolds Made Of Prefabricated Components
- TS EN 12810-2 Façade Scaffolds Made Of Prefabricated Components
- TS EN 12811-1 Temporary Works Equipment
- TS EN 12811-2 Temporary Works Equipment
- TS 13662 Façade scaffolds made of wood components
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation in Construction Works
Compliance with these standards in the production and use of facade scaffolding will provide very important benefits in terms of occupational safety. In the case of an accident caused by non-compliance with these rules at workplaces, employers may be liable.
Exterior Scaffolding Standards
There are a number of standards determined for the safe and long-lasting use of scaffolding systems. These standards have been approved and standardized by international organizations. It includes many technical details such as the properties and dimensions of materials, welds and production of fasteners. When choosing exterior scaffolding, you should prefer the one produced in accompliance with the following standards:
- EN ISO 3834-3
- TS EN 12810-1
- TS EN 12810-2, TS EN 12811-1, TS EN 12811-2, TS EN 12811-3 TS EN 12811-4, EN 74-3 EN 74-1
- According to TS EN 10219-1 standards, scaffolding frames must be produced in 48.3x, 3.0 mm; longitudinal braces must be manufactured in 42×2.5 section; and horizontal braces should be in 34×2.00 mm section.
As Gürbüz Scaffolding, we produce facade scaffolding in accordance with domestic and international standards. You can contact us to get more information about exterior scaffolding.