The components of the exterior scaffolding are the elements used in the installation and use of the facade scaffolding. While erection and working on the facade scaffold, it is strengthened with security elemets and some components, so becoming safer.
The components of the exterior scaffolding are extremely significant to prevent occupational accidents. Accidents of “falling ” in the areas requiring working at height constitute 37% of all work accidents. 25% of these accidents are caused by “falling from the scaffolding”. In order to prevent these accidents, the exterior scaffoldings must be installed in accordance with the instructions and parts that comply with the standards must be used.
What is Exterior Scaffolding?
Exterior scaffolding is one of the most widely used work equipment. It is used in many different areas such as wall building, plaster works, facade works, shipbuilding, painting and insulation. It has two types as fixed scaffolding and modular scaffolding. There are two different types of fixed scaffolding as ringlock scaffolding and H frame. In terms of work safety, the components complying with the international standards should be used.
What are the Components of the Exterior Scaffolding?
Components of Exterior Scaffolding are a set of parts that are used when building and operating exterior scaffolding. Your employee’s safety will increase on your work site if these parts are manufactured in accordance with international standards and used according to instructions.
- Sole Board : It is the part that is placed under the braces and prevents the scaffold from slipping and sinking during the set up of scaffolding.
- Standard : They are vertical braces on which there are couplers. It is the element that transfers the load on the scaffold to the ground.
- Base Plate: These are the feet providing the contact of the braces with the ground. Its surface is wide and it spreads the load on it over a larger area.
- Working Platform: It is the platform that is placed between scaffolding braces and provides a working area for employees. It is produced previously suitable to scaffolding.
- Main Railing : It is the part that increases the safety of the scaffolding and prevents falling. It is installed at a height of 1 meter above the working
- Mid Rail : It is an auxiliary part installed between the main guardrail and the It prevents falling as well.
- Toeboard : The safety part extending upwards from the edges of the working It is set to be at least 15 cm above the platform surface and is used to prevent material to be fell.
- Connection: It is the process of fixing the scaffold to the concrete structure and prevent it from moving. It can be made using parts such as anchors or attaching to columns.
- Construction Safety Net: The safety nets are used to minimize the risk of injury in falling It stops the person or the material falling by covering the whole facade of scaffolding.
- Cross Brace: It enable the scaffold to be supported horizontally and vertically. It can be used in different lengths depending on the type and length of the scaffolding.
Safe Exterior Scaffolding Standards
Facade scaffolds must be installed with the parts manufactured in accordance with international standards under the supervision of engineers and in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety regulations. The components must be produced in conformity with TS-EN 12811 and TS-EN 12810 standards. The props should be designed to be 48 × 2.5mm.
As Gürbüz Scaffolding, we produce scaffolding systems with TS EN 12810-1 certification and in accordance with TS EN standards. You can contact us for more information.